Are you old enough to remember when cassette tapes were awesome? Long before iTunes, iPhones, and iPods, these little pieces of plastic held all the power. In fact, they had the power to change the world.
We made mixtapes. We recorded ourselves. We even saved money to buy a Walkman, just so we could listen on the go. (I mean, come on, this was cutting edge technology.)
Yes, believe it or not, we did all these things. We did them, and we loved them. Many of us have fond memories of these things. Still, I wouldn’t say it was these things that had the power to change the world. They made memories, but that’s not where the true power came from…
It was the information. The power of information that changed the world. Cassettes harnessed a message. Sure, most of the time they held music, but occasionally, it was more. Occasionally, that small strip of ribbon held life changing information. Their message could inspire and motivate. They could teach you a better way.
Welcome to Automobile University
Zig Ziglar founded “Automobile University.” This institution was designed from the ground up to capture the power of cassettes. Thankfully, even though cassette tapes have gone the way of the dinosaur, I’m happy to say that attendance has remained strong.
To enroll in the university is simple. You just listen and learn while in the car. Recently, I came across a blog post at genywealthy.com that explains the benefits of regularly attending Automobile University. Here’s a snippet from the article:
Benefits of Automobile University:
- Choose Your Teachers – You can choose from a number of professors. Professors of mine in the past have included Seth Godin, Malcolm Gladwell, and David Schwartz.
- Set The Pace – You decide the pace at which you learn. If you don’t feel you have completely grasped a subject, just listen to it again (I prefer to listen to the same audio programs multiple times, instead of listening to many just once).
- Free / Low Cost – There are plenty of places to get high quality, educational audio online for free. If you don’t mind paying for content, you can receive your education from some of the greatest minds around.
- No Phone Calls – Never receive a phone call asking for a donation
See more at: http://www.genywealth.com/attend-automobile-university
This drive (pun intended) behind Automobile University is CURIOSITY. Learning goes way beyond school. The best leaders are learners. They are curious. They are self-motivated to seek out knowledge.
We live in an amazing time. Whatever interests you is available to you. There are no secrets. If you stay curious then you will stay informed. Okay with that in mind, let’s look at the final 3 attributes for success.
25) Just – Doing right
Blessed are they that maintain justice, who constantly do what is right.
– Psalm 106:3
26) Curious – Always learning and growing
I am still learning.
– Michelangelo, age 87
27) Courageous – Stand up under pressure
Fall 7 times, stand up 8
– Japanese proverb
- When was the last time you were angry over a moral issue? Was it a form of injustice?
- Make a list of 5 things you have always wanted to know more about… now search the web, read books, and research more information on these topics.
- Where in your life do you need more courage?